When you go to a care facility for chiropractic Rockville, MD trusts, you expect nothing but to alleviate your aches and pains. All medical professionals are expected to uphold a high standard of practice, as patients put their full trust them to do their job without significant error. Sometimes though, this is not the case. Every year, millions of people see a chiropractor expecting pain relief, but sometimes negligence in the practice causes more harm than good. Unfortunately, medical malpractice does occur, and studies have shown that chiropractor malpractice is one of the highest in all of the fields of medicine.
The negligence of chiropractors may cause more than just heightened aches and pains; in some circumstances, it may lead to stroke, and even death. Over seventy-five percent of the vertebral artery is located outside of the skull in the neck, which makes it extremely vulnerable when a chiropractor does a neck adjustment. If a cervical neck adjustment is done poorly, it can tear the vertebral artery in the neck that may lead to stroke. Neck adjustments that are done without proper and precise medical technique may result in catastrophic effects for your body, including stroke and possibly death.
It is important to know the warning signs of a stroke, so if you believe you have any of the following symptoms, seek help from a medical professional immediately. The faster you seek medical assistance, the better your chances are of avoiding permanent disabilities caused by stroke.
Warning Signs Of Stroke:
The acronym “FAST” can be used to spot warning signs of strokes. “F” stands for face drooping, “A” stand for arm weakness, “S” stands for speech difficulty and “T” stands for time to call 911. Listed below is a detailed description of “FAST.”
- Confusion, incomprehensible speech, difficulty speaking, or difficulty understanding the speech of others. If you believe somebody is experiencing this symptom, ask them to repeat a simple sentence. If they are unable to do so, this is a warning sign that they may be having a stroke.
- Dizziness, or difficulty seeing out of one or both eyes.
- Numbness or weakness in arms, legs, or face. If you are experiencing numbness in just one side of the body, this is an extreme warning sign of stroke and you should seek medical attention immediately.
- If you believe someone is showing symptoms of arm weakness, ask them to raise both of their arms. If one arm is lower than the other one, it may be a warning sign of stroke.
- If one side of the person’s face appears to be drooping, ask them to perform a simple task such as smiling. If they are unable to do so, this is an extreme warning sign.
- Sudden extreme headaches that seem to come out of nowhere are also warning signs of stroke.
There are also other warning signs of stroke, so be sure to do your research. If you believe you or another person is showing odd behaviors such as numbness, confusion, dizziness or weakness, it is advised to call for emergency medical help immediately.
If you believe you or a loved one has suffered from a stroke due to the negligence of a chiropractor, or have received any injuries at the hands of a chiropractor, it is highly advised to contact a personal injury attorney immediately to discuss options that may be available to you. You may have rights to compensation regarding your personal injury or stroke that occured due to the medical malpractice of a chiropractor.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at the Pain Arthritis Relief Center for their insight into chiropractic care.